-->

Sunday, May 20, 2018

HELP OLD TOPIC:Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 Verizon Phone Not Sending Text Messages MMS

  Unlock4samsung       Sunday, May 20, 2018
Hi guys, this is an old topic but I was searching online I was not able to resolve this problem. This is about a Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 Verizon phone. I am using a T-Mobile SIM card, updated the APN settings and the phone internet works fine and also the phone makes calls perfectly. I am able to receive text messages but I am not able to send them. When I try sending text messages the message gets gray out and the it shows as failed.

I understand that the problem may be caused by a wrong Message Center Number. But the phone does not have an option for that number to be changed. So, as suggested by XDA member "Hood281", I rooted the phone. Using Root Explorer or whatever is your preferred way to browse the phone, I browsed to the file: " /dbdata/databases/com.android.mms/shared_prefs/com.android.mms_preferences.xml". Then, I copied it the file to a "sdcard" so that it can be edited in my computer using any XML editor. After Finding the key named "pref_key_manage_smsc_address" (at the bottom), I changed it from Not Set to +12063130004 (That's for T-Mobile, or whatever is correct for your provider). Then I copied it back to the phone. THIS DID NOT WORK. I also tried copying the "pref_key_manage_smsc_address" from a working SCH-I545 phone but it DID NOT work either.

This is an old topic guys but it seems that it has not been solved yet. But it has, please HELPPPP!
logoblog

Previous
« Prev Post