-->

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

HTC One M9 only Bootloader, no Download or Recovery modes

  Unlock4samsung       Tuesday, July 3, 2018
Hi, I've used XTC2clip successfully on M8 and M9 phones before, but I now have a M9 that only boots into Bootloader mode and so far I've been unable to sort it out.
The symptoms are that when started from off condition the white screen with green HTC logo appears with the red text 'This build is for development purposes only..... etc' underneath for a few seconds then goes to the Bootloader screen with 'Software status: Modified', 'LOCKED' and 'S-OFF' at the top.
If 'Boot to Download Mode' is selected it goes to a black screen with HTC logo also with the red text underneath as above. After about 30 seconds the screen goes to the white HTC screen for a few seconds then back to Bootloader.
I've tried fastboot flashing various hosd files, but without any change in condition. Unfortunately I don't know the history of this phone so don't know what the version-main number is.
I've read in various places that this condition can be as a result of emmc hardware failure, however I would like to explore possible cures before writing the phone off as dead.
Is there any way of getting more information from the phone using commands in bootloader mode?
logoblog

Previous
« Prev Post